24 Fun Ways to Keep Your Preschooler Entertained Through the Summer
The summer season is almost here! What are your little ones going to do now that preschool is out for the summer? They’re used to being around other children their age all day, playing and learning together. Kindermark Kids is here to help you keep them occupied with a few fun ideas you can implement into your child’s schedule this summer.
- Visit a national park and explore nature’s beauty.
- Join in your local library’s summer reading program.
- Go camping, even if it’s just in your backyard.
- Grow a garden together.
- Put together a scavenger hunt.
- Build a blanket fort in the living room.
- Draw a picture with sidewalk chalk.
- Setup a backyard obstacle course.
- Do a science experiment.
- Make tie-dye shirts together.
- Have a pizza making night.
- Take a trip to the zoo and see all the animals.
- Learn how to ride a bike or trike and get some exercise.
- Head to the county fair or some other summer festival.
- Take a road trip to a nearby city and go exploring.
- Go to a matinee movie.
- Make homemade popsicles.
- Go fishing in a nearby river or lake.
- Play a round of mini golf.
- Visit a local famer’s market and enjoy the fresh fruits and veggies together.
- Put a puzzle together.
- Play in water with a sprinkle, mini pool or slip’n’slide!
- Go on a picnic and enjoy a meal in the great outdoors.
- Hand wash your vehicle with your child and play in the suds.
Not only will your preschooler have fun participating in these activities, but he or she will be able to learn new things along the way. These activities are also a great way for parents to bond with their children. They need that interaction with adults just like they need the interaction with other children.
Kindermark Kids is here to help you with fun summer activities by offering a variety of educational toys that aren’t just for the classroom, but that can also be used at home. Check out our science equipment or our trikes. Our selection of play items will help you make the most of the summer season with your preschooler, and help prepare them for the next school session when it comes back around. Have a great summer!
Kindermark Kids - Creating Child-Friendly Spaces!
- Erin Burdette